How long does a football half last and what is the difference between this rule between field 11, field 7 and field 5? This is important information that directly affects the enjoyment of the match as well as participating in football select bets on Hi 88. To know the exact answer and related regulations, please follow the following content.
Answer: How long does 1 half of soccer last?
Perhaps many people still mistakenly think that a football half will last 45 minutes. However, the reality is not necessarily like that, depending on the format and scale of the match, the time of one round will be different.
So specifically, how long does a football half last? How long does it take for an 11-person field to play? What are the regulations for a 7-person field and a 5-person field?
Playing time is 1 round for a field of 11 people
A soccer match with 11 players will last 90 minutes. This total time is divided into 2 halves, so each halves will last 45 minutes. Between half-time, the players will have a 15-minute break.
If there is a legitimate reason, the two teams can change the break time. However, the final decision still belongs to the referee. In addition to the 90 minutes of official competition, the two teams will have extra time.
The number of extra time minutes depends on the specific developments on the field. Specifically, overtime will be calculated in the following cases:
- Make up time for dead balls.
- Teams use the right to substitute on the field.
- Players injured on the field need to be taken care of.
- The teams taking the penalty kick will also be given extra time.
- Other objective factors affect the match.
See: Xổ Số Hi88
How long does 1 half of soccer last for a 7-player field?
The playing time on the 7-player field is 45 minutes divided into 2 halves. Thus, a match on a field of 7 players takes only half the time compared to a field of 11 players. However, in reality, how long a soccer half lasts on a 7-person field depends on the age of the players, specifically as follows:
- For youth tournaments: Each round is 25 minutes.
- Children’s age players: Each half is 20 minutes.
Each round at these ages will have a 10-minute break.
Playing time of 5-person field
The 11-player field and the 7-player field both have different playing times and different regulations. So what is a 5-player football field like? In this case, how long does a football half last?
Experts on Hi88 said that according to the general regulations of the Football Association, the playing time on a 5-player field is 40 minutes. So each round only lasts 20 minutes. There is a 15-minute break between two halves. In addition, the specific time will also vary depending on the age of the participating players.
How long is a football half including extra time?
According to Hi88 football experts, extra time for tournaments of continental and world scale will apply according to general rules. Specifically, the first extra time is 30 minutes and is divided into 2 small halves.
In fact, after the official 90 minutes, the players have lost a lot of strength and fighting spirit. Extending extra time by 30 minutes will not ensure the objectivity of the final result. Therefore, extra time is divided into 2 halves, 15 minutes/half.
If the match is still tied after the second extra time, the teams will proceed to a penalty shootout. The team that scores more points in the 11m penalty shootout will be considered the overall winner.
Regulations for extra time matches in football
Besides finding out how long a football half lasts including extra time, you also need to pay attention to the following issues:
- In the first overtime period, the team that receives the ball first in the first half of the main 90-minute match will have the right to serve the ball.
- In the second extra period, the field will be changed and the other team will have the right to serve the ball.
- After the teams have completed 2 extra periods, the winning or losing results will be calculated based on the total score. The team with the lower score will naturally be considered a loser or not receive a trophy.
- If at the end of 2 extra periods the score is still tied, it will be calculated according to the number of times the teams scored goals in the penalty shootout.
Above is information to answer the question of how long a football half lasts and some related regulations. Don’t forget to visit Hi88 to follow sports news 24/7. In addition, the system also has soccer news from leading experts that is very useful for bettors.